Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16, 2010--Dieting Scorecard (225.5 lbs)

Morning Weight: 225.5 pounds
Diet Goal: 219 pounds (6.5 pounds to go, .5 pounds gained)

Note: The last 3 days have basically been a break from dieting. Not a feeding frenzy, but also not a stretch where anyone would see me as a person trying to lose weight.

It definitely started with Saturday, a day when I was at Millsaps taking photos from 10 till 4 and then went to a supper party that evening. Then on Sunday I was tired, went to Millsaps to take more photos from 12 to 4, and naturally I stayed up late working on photos. Monday was a case of simply being worn out and trying to get through the day.

Here’s something that I’ve said many times. From a logical standpoint, it seems like dieting is something that a person can do regardless of whatever else is going on in their life. For me, and apparently for many others, this isn’t the case. If I don’t have time to focus on my diet, if I don’t have a situation where I can plan my food for the day, if I find myself overworked and worn out, then it is extremely difficult to successfully diet. Not impossible, but extremely difficult.

This last weekend was busy and I had no control over the time flow. The ball games were on a set schedule that I couldn’t change. There were other things that had to be done before the weekend ended and there just wasn’t much time to get it all done. This week, while still being very busy, will be more about my time flow. It lowers the stress level and hopefully it will allow me to get back to the task of lowering my weight.

6:00--walked 45 minutes
6:50--270 calories
10:00--100 calories
12:00--600 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment